Cooroora United Football Club would like to thank Councillor Brian Stockwell for providing a bursary to the club.
The bursary recipient will receive funds toward their club registration and kit. As a bonus they will receive registration and kit for a term at the Noosa Football Academy.
The bursary is not a talent based scholarship. The skill level of the applicants is not part of the selection criteria. It’s more focussed on providing opportunities to players (boys or girls) whose family circumstances may inhibit them participating fully in their chosen sport. The bursary will also promote the “Respect Program”and the recipient has demonstrated a commitment to the principles and practices of the FFA Respect Program’s Code of Conduct.
The Club encourages all players, coaches and supporters to embody the code every game.
HOW TO PLAY & COACH WITHIN THE FIFA RESPECT CODE OF CONDUCT
- Play fairly – don’t cheat, complain or waste time
- Respect team-mates, the other team, the referee and my coach/manager
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Never engage in bullying, intimidation or harassment
- Remember we all make mistakes
- Win or lose with dignity. Shake hands with the opposing team and the referee at the end of every game.
Members should note that Brian is happy to help you with any Council matter and can be reached at email: email@example.com